Sunday, February 20, 2011

I had a Splenda moment!

Ever had one of those moments where you just want to kick yourself for saying the stupidest things at the wrongest times?

Well here's one.

My roommate Sam and I were at the library one night, studying away. I was toiling away at my grammar homework and Sam decides that it's coffee time. We go downstairs to Java City and I order a small Hazelnut Latte while Sam gets an large Iced Coffee. While waiting for our coffee the barista yells "aoehf iehazelnutag osfh"

Well, that's what it sounded like to me anyway. It was a large but I picked it up anyway. Two seconds later the barista yells "Small hazelnut latte!" I looked at my untouched cup o' joe in my hands and sheepishly put it down. The girl behind me picks it up as I grab my coffee. I mutter an apology..

Sam gets her large iced coffee and tastes it.. Sam is not a frequent coffee drinker; therefore, preferring a sweeter taste for her coffee.. As she pours sugar into her drink, she tells me that

"The whole point of me ordering an iced coffee was so I didn't have to consume so many calories."

"Well if you're so worried about the calories, you could always use Splenda"

"Bleargh!" we both say at the same time.

2 seconds later I notice that the girl whose coffee I had grabbed was putting Splenda into HER coffee, packet after packet.

Shit.

I turned around and tried my best to keep from laughing but to no avail. Sam and I were doubled up, laughing without making any noise so as not to make fools out of ourselves anymore. Needless to say, it wasn't successful

As we were walking back to the "quiet" floor, Sam says to me

"geez Elena, first you take her coffee then you insult her"

Next time I pledge to be more mindful of my surroundings.

Foot in mouth moment... Splenda moment.

NanaBanana

PS: To the girl whose coffee I grabbed, I am sorry! I meant no harm!

No comments: